Are you considering a new home for your golden years?
A growing number of retirees are leaving the homes where they raised their children and are choosing instead to downsize. If you are contemplating something smaller, retirement house plans offer the chance to build exactly what you want, with a size that fits your new needs.
What Features Benefit Retirees?
Retirement home floor plans aren’t just small in terms of square footage. There are some features that retirees seem to enjoy in their home plans, and for good reason. As you look for a smaller home design, consider these features:
- A smaller layout — A smaller home plan means less maintenance and upkeep, as well as less of an investment.
- A one-story design — As you get older, you’re going to find it harder and harder to navigate stairs. Look for a one-story design, or at least a first-floor master and laundry room.
- Private guest rooms — A small retirement home doesn’t mean you won’t have your kids and grandkids visit, but retirees may enjoy some privacy between the guest room and the master suite, often putting them on different sides of the house.
- Open floor plan — An open design with a large great room instead of separate living and dining areas makes it easy to entertain family, even in a smaller home.
- Customization — Just because you’re downsizing doesn’t mean you can’t have a home that’s fully yours. You’ve worked hard to enjoy the benefits of retirement, so make sure you can experience them with a home plan you can customize.
These features mean less maintenance, less cost and more time to enjoy your retirement — rather than spending time working on your home. If you’re ready to enjoy these benefits, Donald A. Gardner Architects has the plans to fit your needs.
See the Possibilities With Retirement Home Floor Plans
If you’re ready to downsize for your retirement, Donald A. Gardner Architects can help. By shopping our house plans instead of existing homes, you will be able to decide the exact style of home you want. You will also be able to add the customized features that will make the home truly yours. These home plans are great for a wide range of people; including those still deciding the style of home they want, builders who want to offer smaller homes for retirees, and contractors who need a portfolio of homes to show to their potential clients. Whether you’re a retiree or a builder catering to the needs of retirees, these home plans are an excellent option.
By buying your home plans from Donald A. Gardner Architects, you can save money and frustration and any questions that come up during the build are easily answered. What’s more, modifications or customization are simple since you’re working with the original plan designer.